There are many different approaches and products on the market today for residential roofing. Trinity uses materials from GAF, an award-winning company that takes pride in its product.
- Offers one of the leading warranties in the industry
- GAF’s roofing shingles are built to last a lifetime
- #1 manufacturer of shingles in the market
- Honored with the Builder’s Choice Award for highest quality in 2009 by contractors
- Energy efficient (very important in the Rochester area climate!)
- Many styles, types and colors
- Able to withstand high winds (including passing wind rating tests)
Roof Tear-Off / Complete Replacement
Trinity will remove all the old layers of shingles that are currently on your home. We’ll then start with a fresh, new roof deck and re-build the roof from scratch. A complete roof tear-off is usually recommended when there is significant damage and/or there are multiple layers of shingles already on your roof.
- While a complete roof replacement project is actually somewhat simple in its requirements, there is a great deal more to the process than removing old shingles and laying down new ones:
- There might be a need to replace plywood, flashing, repointing of a chimney, repair of gutters, or resealing of skylights.
- We will remove and dispose of all existing roofing, install GAF XT weather watch Ice and Water 6' up on all starter ends of roof including the vertical runs along roof lines and valleys.
- We will install 15 pound felt on remainder of roof (unless premium synthetic Deck Armor or TigerPaw is chosen).
- We will install preformed aluminum drip edge, vent-pipe boots, bath fan roof vent, and re-flash chimneys.
- We’ll then install GAF Timberline HD architectural shingles with a GAF® Weather Stopper Systems Plus Lifetime Warranty (owners choice of color).
- Finally, we’ll install GAF Cobra Snow Country ridge vents on all heated sections of home to ensure proper ventilation.
Contact us today for a free estimate and to find out if your Rochester-area home may need a complete roof tear-off.
Re-Roofing / Lay Over
If you currently only have a single layer of shingles on your home re-roofing may be an option for you. Re-roofing involves the installation of a new roof when your current roof fails. This can happen due to any number of reasons including the age of the roof, severe weather, defective materials, failure to maintain or poor workmanship.
While a lay over is generally cheaper, it’s not always the most cost effective choice in the long run. If the roof deck is defective, or there are condensation problems, then a tear off is a better option because it will reveal these problems fully and allow for proper repair or the installation of a correct ventilation system.
Unsure if your home needs a complete replacement or a lay over? Give us a shout and we’ll help you figure it out.
Cedar Shake Roof Tear-Off
Many houses in the city of Rochester and the surrounding areas were built with cedar shake shingles as the original roof on the home. Trinity Home Renovations, Inc. specializes in the removal of multiple layers of roofing materials down to and including the original cedar shake shingles. When cedar shake shingles are present it is necessary to install new plywood over the entire surface of roof prior to installation of new GAF roofing system.
Buckling shingles, curling shingles, missing shingles, damaged flashing, valley leaks…we can help. A leaky roof can damage ceilings, walls, and furnishings. To protect your home and its contents from water damage, please call and make an appointment for a roof inspection.
Low Slope Roofing
Liberty™ low-slope membrane roll roofing systems are applied without torches, open flames, hot asphalt, or messy solvent-based adhesives.
To learn more, read: How to Choose a Roofing Contractor