With so many options to choose from these days, picking the right color shingles for your homes’ roof can be a challenge. Trinity is a proud certified partner with GAF, one of the largest residential shingle manufacturers.
We believe in GAF’s products and the warranty they offer. You may have seen them featured on Extreme Makeover Home Edition recently. Before we get into the various color options (after all, that’s why you’re reading this!), we want to point out some of the benefits of GAF’s most popular shingles — Timberline HD:
- Lifetime limited warranty
- Awesome Value – Priced right for the homeowner
- A Look With Dimension – Features GAF’s “High Definition” color blends and enhanced shadow effect for a genuine wood-shake look
- Very Safe – Class A fire rating from Underwriters Laboratories, the highest rating possible
- The Best Performance – Designed with Advanced Protection® technology, which minimizes the use of natural resources while providing superior protection for your home
- For a full list of features, check out the GAF website
Ok, now the fun part…picking out a color. Here’s a chart that shows you the various roof colors available for the Timberline HD shingle in the Rochester area:
When looking at the color options, be sure to consider the color of your home. Whether your home has siding, cement or wood, we recommend coming up with a palette of complimentary colors, with a bit of contrast. You don’t want it to match per se but it should complement the existing colors of your house including the windows and doors.
Genevieve Gorder from HGTV put together a cool guide for choosing the right shingle color for your roof.