You may have decided to protect your commercial building with a strong roof warranty, but that’s not the end of the story. It’s common sense that in order for something to last, you need to maintain it. We call on a professional to service our cars, we replace batteries in smoke alarms, and make other fixes to maintain quality and safety.
A property’s low-slope roof system must be maintained or there is risk for costly damage and leaks. Plus, the strong guarantee coverage you acquired could be jeopardized without a maintenance program. So who should handle the job? There’s no question that using a Certified Maintenance Professional (CMP) to take care of maintenance will save you time and money and ensure that you’ll have many years of reliable service. Here are 5 reasons why a GAF CMP is your best and only choice to maintain your building’s roof. A CMP will:
- Help reduce the risk of unexpected and costly roofing-related expenses by providing the expertise to both maintain and service the roof if repairs are necessary
- Inspect the exterior and interior areas, roof perimeter, and the field of the roof including drainage, penetrations and joints, perform yearly inspections to ward off potential problems, and check the roof for damage after a major storm or heavy winds
- Improve the reflective performance of cool roofs by making sure the area is clean
- Provide access to GAF’s unique WellRoof® Program and guarantee extension (a 25% extension to GAF’s Diamond Pledge™ NDL Roof Guarantee at no cost to you, after you establish an annual maintenance program—see WellRoof Program for details).
- Provide documentation to you and GAF that repairs have been made (to uphold a warranty’s contract).
More than 80% of all roofs are replaced prematurely* because of problems that occur before they reach their anticipated lifespan, but that number can be reduced through regular, preventative roof maintenance. Avoid the hassle and worry and let a CMP proactively take care of your building’s investment.
Learn more about the CMP program.
* RoofCare 2009, Association of Physical Plant Administrators, Alexandria, VA.