The roofing industry may not seem like a huge consumer of technology, but more and more value is being placed on joining the digital revolution. Homeowners are expecting digital touch points and are more likely to purchase from contractors who utilize different technology tools during the selling process.
Therefore, GAF has recently unveiled a comprehensive technology platform, including updated apps, web capabilities, and mobile applications that are redefining the way contractors sell in the home. These apps make contractors’ jobs faster and easier—and help them close more sales. Below are some of the technologies available today.
The Virtual Home Remodeler is an application that allows the homeowner to see different GAF shingles applied to their home in real time—all with the click of a tablet’s camera. Their home image will easily be transformed with the swipe of a finger to select and apply a GAF Shingle. This application helps GAF contractors demonstrate the beauty of GAF Shingles to their customers and will eliminate the homeowner’s “How will it look on my roof” questions, making for more satisfied customers.
Here are some benefits of the Virtual Home Remodeler app:
- Can filter by zip code for product availability
- Enhanced shingle adjustment tools and easy-to-use sliders for quick manipulation of the roof
- Instant side-by-side product comparison on both a whole house and roof plane segment basis
- Ability to add notes to each project
- Available on both iPad and Android tablets
The Pro Roof Estimator is a comprehensive estimator tool for GAF contractors. It comes pre-loaded with product information, pictures, warranties, and other key facts. The Estimator provides a fast, hassle-free, and accurate way of inputting measurements, making product selections, and finalizing a professional estimate that can help you close more sales! Take roof estimation to the next level to improve and build your business.
Here are some benefits of the Pro Roof Estimator:
- Flexible measurement inputting (by number of squares or by roof measurements)
- Creates a bill of materials for easy ordering through distribution
- Offers multiple product offerings for side-by-side comparisons (good, better, best)
- Virtual contract signature capability
- Business management dashboard
- Integration of EagleView measurements to save time
Sales Pro is a tool for GAF Certified™ Contractors to create custom in-home sales presentations. This application comes pre-loaded with GAF content and offers pre-structured presentations based on the roofing system selected. The contractor also has the ability to add fully customizable slides to the presentation and insert images straight from the job site, providing a real-time experience for the homeowner. This app takes in-home selling to the next level.
Here are some benefits of Sales Pro:
- Fully digital, custom presentation tool
- Pre-loaded with 150+ GAF slides
- Simple presentation build by section utilizing a four-step process
- Ability to deliver presentations on an iPad or Android tablet
- Contractors can upload their own images and videos on the tablet while out in the field
- Can create custom slides from 20 blank slide templates with various text, image, and video formats
- Ability to customize the background and design of each slide
- Ability to upload your own logo to every slide
Help your business grow and take advantage of these revolutionary technology tools bydownloading these apps today.
Are you using apps and other digital tools to help sell? Tell us what is working for you in the comments below.